First there was IBM’s Deep Blue – which beat the world’s greatest chess player…
Then there was IBM Watson – which won TV’s Jeopardy! game show…
Now, there’s CloudLogic®, a gaming-based decision engine that analyzes your warehouse… move by move… up to thousands of times per second!
In the past, legacy systems operated based upon a “pick plan” established as soon as an order was received. One picker. One department. One order at a time.
…maybe the legacy systems could handle batch picking as well, but still – they were (and are) based on a static plan for picking.
CloudLogic® changes all of that.
Now, each pick is evaluated from the “cloud” of all possible picks, and the optimal next move is assigned via CloudLogic®.
CloudLogic® evaluates the warehouse just like Deep Blue would evaluate a chess board to make the next move, only CloudLogic® considers:
- Proximity of the candidate pick to the current picker location
- Current congestion downstream of the picking process
- Potential interference from other pickers assigned to the the same candidate pick area
- Downstream requirement of the product for order fulfillment
- Pick strategy to optimize labor cost: batch pick and sort, order pick, zone pick, or hybrid pick
…and CloudLogic® is not just for picking, but also directs receiving and putaway, cycle count, pallet building, and route-specific truck loading.
CloudLogic® is used under license from Solution Partners, Inc.